The best winter sledding and tubing near Denver
As much as we would like to think that you would never leave the Denver area (so we can spend as much time with you at The Front Porch as possible) it’s just not realistic! That’s because the mountains are calling and chances are you will make a trip or two up this month. We hear so much about skiing so we thought that we could take a look at something different but equally as fun – sledding and tubing. Did you know that Winter Park offers more sledding and tubing than anywhere else in Colorado?
Check out these ways to catch some speed:
- Coca-Cola Tubing at Winter Park Resort: Hop on the magic carpet and away you are swept to the top of the hill for a pretty epic tubing experience at the base of the resort. Walk-in rates are $20/hour during the regular season and $22/hour during the holidays and spring break.
- Fraser’s Tubing Hill: It has been called legendary. Adrenaline junkies may descend individually, in tandem, or in group clusters (for the fastest and longest ride!). Rates are $15/hour or $20 for 90 minutes on Monday-Thursday and $18/hour on the weekends and holidays.
- Grand Lake Nordic Center: Located 45 minutes from downtown Winter Park, this center offers free tubing and sledding. The Nordic Center is open to the public and is the perfect choice for families with little snow bunnies.
- YMCA of the Rockies Snow Mountain Ranch: The $15 day pass allows access to not only the tubing hill, but also the other amenities at the ranch.
- Town of Winter Park sledding hill: Make your way to Hideaway Park for yet another sledding spot. Sleds are available for check-out using the honor system.
After spending a day or two on the mountain, come warm up with us at The Front Porch.