Rocky Mountain Showdown
One of Denver’s biggest rivalries takes stage this weekend! It’s the Rams vs. the Buffs! If you went to either school you know it is a serious game! Even if you weren’t a grad of either CU or CSU the game is a thrilling way to experience college football at Sports Authority Field at Mile High! Come see us afterwards to wind down the night!
Here are some fun facts about the rivalry:
1. The first ever CSU – CU football game took place on February 10, 1893 with Colorado winning 70-6.
2. CU dominated the beginning of the series, winning 15 of the first 17 games.
3. CSU first won in 1912, a 21-0 blowout
4. In 1958, the rivalry took a 25 year break. CU refused to play CSU.
5. The Rocky Mountain Showdown is annually the most-attended college football game in the state of Colorado, averaging over 50,000 fans.
See you at The Front Porch after the showdown!